[comp.windows.x] XtGetApplicationResources Help

mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.EDU (01/22/91)

> This should extract any resource from the database that has class
> "Cursor" as I understand it.  I know it is finding the correct
> resource because if I specify a nonexistant string (XC_cross) I get a
> warning that it can't convert the string to type Cursor.  If I give a
> valid name I get a value far out of range (data.d_cursor = 8388611)
> where a correct number would be 30 for the cross.

8388611 = 0x800003.  This looks like a reasonable ID for a Cursor.  Why
were you expecting 30?

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

bonnett@seismo.CSS.GOV (H. David Bonnett) (01/22/91)

In article <9101220434.AA19544@Larry.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>, mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.EDU writes:
|> > This should extract any resource from the database that has class
|> > "Cursor" as I understand it.  I know it is finding the correct
|> > resource because if I specify a nonexistant string (XC_cross) I get a
|> > warning that it can't convert the string to type Cursor.  If I give a
|> > valid name I get a value far out of range (data.d_cursor = 8388611)
|> > where a correct number would be 30 for the cross.
|>
|> 8388611 = 0x800003.  This looks like a reasonable ID for a Cursor.  Why
|> were you expecting 30?
|>
|> 					der Mouse
|>
|> 			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
|> 			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
WARNING:: Self-flagellation follows....

Oh God... Maybe I should give up this line of work and head for the beach...
A cursorFONT id does NOT and NEVER will equal a Cursor id. I was passing the
result of this to the XCreateFontCursor Call which of course happily returned
the wrong cursor to me... GI-GO
(Maybe I shoulda stuck with FastFood...)

-dave bonnett-