[comp.windows.x] XVT Programming

bill@polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) (01/21/91)

In article <1991Jan14.211226.17872@isc.rit.edu> cms2839@isc.rit.edu (C.M. Stuntz ) writes:

>				XVT ( eXtensible Virtual Toolkit ) from
>GSS , will allow you to use a single source code that is protable
[stuff deleted]
>				i've not used any of them , so i can't
>attest to their worth . i only know what they claim to do .
Can any one out there attest to their worth?  Has anyone had any
experience with XVT?  I would like to know any problems with XVT to see
if I can use it for cross platform development.  E-mail or post is fine.
I will try to summarize what responces I get by e-mail.

+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Bill Poitras    | Polygen Corporation       | {princeton mit-eddie        |
|     (bill)      | Waltham, MA USA           |  bu sunne}!polygen!bill     |
|                 |                           | bill@polygen.com            |
+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+

my@dtg.nsc.com (Michael Yip) (01/23/91)

In article Bill Poitras writes:
>In article C.M. Stuntz writes:
>>
>>				XVT ( eXtensible Virtual Toolkit ) from
>>GSS , will allow you to use a single source code that is protable
>[stuff deleted]
>>				i've not used any of them , so i can't
>>attest to their worth . i only know what they claim to do .
>Can any one out there attest to their worth?  Has anyone had any
>experience with XVT?  I would like to know any problems with XVT to see
>if I can use it for cross platform development.  E-mail or post is fine.
>I will try to summarize what responces I get by e-mail.

	I have not use the XVT development system at all, but I read
somewhere that the XVT Toolkit only provides an union of the X, Win3
and the MAC capabilities.  That is good and bad.  If that is true,
then the XVT Tool Kit only provide a subset of each window enviornment
and not all the functions.  It is good, on the other hand, that you have
one program source and it works on all environments.

	Well, that's my 2 cents.

-- Mike
   my@berlioz.nsc.com