[net.news] ucbvax messed up?

phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (10/09/85)

Has anyone else noticed that all articles originating from ucbvax
have "usenet@ucbvax" as the author?
--
 Arthur Rudolph believed that technology is morally neutral and so,
therefore, are those who create it.

 Phil Ngai +1 408 749-5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.ARPA

fair@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu (Erik E. Fair) (10/10/85)

In article <4767@amdcad.UUCP> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>Has anyone else noticed that all articles originating from ucbvax
>have "usenet@ucbvax" as the author?

I am more aware of this than anyone, since I'm ucbvax!usenet, and
therefore I get the mail replies to articles that people send. This is
a bug in the followup software of the remote netnews client and does
not affect all followups. I have been assured by the author that it
will be cleared up shortly.

	keeper of the network news for ucbvax,

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair@ucbarpa.BERKELEY.EDU