[comp.windows.x] ID of Postscript Previewer for X11R4???

vjcarey@sphunix.sph.jhu.EDU (Vincent J. Carey) (02/01/91)

we would like to preview postscript files on Sparcstations
running pure X11R4.  "xps" has been obtained but never
works.  is there a PD previewer available?

Vincent J. Carey
Department of Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health

vjcarey@sphunix.sph.jhu.edu

rlh2@ukc.ac.uk (R.L.Hesketh) (02/01/91)

In article <9101312010.AA19431@sphunix.sph.jhu.edu> vjcarey@sphunix.sph.jhu.EDU (Vincent J. Carey) writes:
>we would like to preview postscript files on Sparcstations
>running pure X11R4.  "xps" has been obtained but never
>works.  is there a PD previewer available?

Get hold of Ghostscript (2.1.1) which is an available for anonymous ftp
on prep.ai.mit.edu under:

	/pub/gnu/ghostscript-2.1.1.tar.Z
	/pub/gnu/ghostscript-2.1fonts.tar.Z

It includes an X device driver and is really quite fast!

It currently lacks a proper previewing interface with page turning etc.
But no doubt someone is working on one of these 8-).