[net.news] USENET frowning

sewilco@mecc.UUCP (Scot E. Wilcoxon) (10/30/85)

In article <3251@ut-sally.UUCP> bulko@sally.UUCP (William C. Bulko) writes:
>demonstrate the same good sense.  This is what, in my opinion, is the main
>cause of the large garbage-per-article rate:  since there is no way to force
>a person to edit his/her articles, I suggested an alternative -- making it
>inconvenient for a person to include *lengthy* quotes.

Making lengthy quotes inconvenient could also be done by
	1. asking "do you want to include this line in the article <ny>?"
	2. reprinting the selected lines before going into ed (omit if
	   using vi?)
--

Scot E. Wilcoxon	Minn. Ed. Comp. Corp.      circadia!mecc!sewilco
45 03 N / 93 15 W	(612)481-3507 {ihnp4,uwvax}!dicomed!mecc!sewilco