[comp.windows.x] MWM icon labels

gk5g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gary Keim) (02/08/91)

I notice that the icon active-lables that MWM exhibits seem to come from
the XA_WM_NAME property as opposed to XA_WM_ICON_NAME.  Bug, feature, or
configurable?

Gary Keim
ATK Group

In article <UbgRnGy00VsW00f2l=@andrew.cmu.edu> gk5g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gary Keim) writes:
>I notice that the icon active-lables that MWM exhibits seem to come from
>the XA_WM_NAME property as opposed to XA_WM_ICON_NAME.  Bug, feature, or
>configurable?
Feature.  It let's  you get the full window name without deiconifying.

--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.		|	Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul@alfalfa.com		|	Send Anything... Anywhere

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.