[comp.windows.x] Where is "atobm" -- ascii to X bitmap

roger@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Roger Petersen) (02/10/91)

In comp.windows.x, kenn@intrbas.uucp (Kenneth G. Goutal) writes:

| >	Does anyone out there have or know where I can get a
| >xbitmap/GIF/whatever of a US flag?
|
| Well, here's one...
| Convert the following paragraph to a bitmap file with this command:
| 	atobm -chars _O usflag.txt >usflag.xbm
|
| OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO____
| O___________________________O___O___O___O___O___O___O___O___O___O___O____

Where do I get a copy of atobm?  I notice it didn't come with pbm or fbm.
Could somebody please post it, or e-mail it to me?

Thanks,

Roger

cjmchale@cs.tcd.ie (Ciaran McHale) (02/11/91)

In <990013@hpnmdla.HP.COM> roger@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Roger Petersen) writes:
>Where do I get a copy of atobm?  I notice it didn't come with pbm or fbm.
>Could somebody please post it, or e-mail it to me?

You can find it on the X11R4 tape in

	mit/clients/bitmap/atobm.c

Ciaran.
--
Ciaran McHale		"Verbosity says it all"			      ____
Department of Computer Science, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.   \  /