[comp.windows.x] Good SPARC/X Spreadsheet program?

lethin@ai.mit.edu (Richard A. Lethin) (02/09/91)

Could people recommend whizzy spreadsheet programs that run under X?

fischer@iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) (02/16/91)

lethin> Could people recommend whizzy spreadsheet programs that run under X?

WingZ (?) It's a nice spreadsheet for Mac and PC, and it is out for
the SPARCstation. Haven't tried that version, though.

/Lars
--
Lars Fischer,  fischer@iesd.auc.dk   | Beauty is a French phonetic corruption
CS Dept., Univ. of Aalborg, DENMARK. |                   - FZ

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (02/18/91)

In article <FISCHER.91Feb15224457@thiele.iesd.auc.dk> fischer@iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) writes:

>lethin> Could people recommend whizzy spreadsheet programs that run under X?
>
>WingZ (?) It's a nice spreadsheet for Mac and PC, and it is out for
>the SPARCstation. Haven't tried that version, though.

If my information is correct, WingZ for the Sun runs under SunView, but
uses the Open Look UI rather than the usual SunView UI (I guess they've
spent quite a lot of time to implement all that custom code). However,
I have used WingZ on a DG AViiON under OSF/Motif, and it is one of the
most "whizzy" spreadsheets I've ever used, UNIX or not (WingZ was much
faster on the AViiON than on a Mac II).

There are others, too. Xess is one, and eXclaim! is another. Haven't used
any of them, though.

--
Robert Claeson

Disclaimer: I represent myself and not my employer.