[comp.windows.x] Need Help using Xaw Scrollbar Widget

vijay@cs.arizona.edu (Vijay Anand) (02/18/91)

I am trying the move the scrollbar thumb associated with a viewport widget
from my program. When a user presses a command widget button, I want
to move the scrollbar thumb by a certain distance. How can I do this?
In the X11 doc they mention that the thumb follows the pointer motion.
How do I move it from the program. Is there an action or convenience
function in Xaw?

Any pointers, clues appreciated,

thanks,

Vijay

morreale@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Peter Morreale) (02/19/91)

In article <525@coatimundi.cs.arizona.edu> vijay@cs.arizona.edu (Vijay Anand) writes:
>I am trying the move the scrollbar thumb associated with a viewport widget
>from my program. When a user presses a command widget button, I want
>to move the scrollbar thumb by a certain distance. How can I do this?

  Look in the Xaw manual on page 36.  The function you want is:

	      XawScrollbarSetThumb()

-PWM

Peter W. Morreale                  email:  morreale@ncar.ucar.edu
Nat'l Center for Atmos Research    voice:  (303) 497-1293
Scientific Computing Division