ekberg@asl.dl.nec.COM (Tom Ekberg) (02/20/91)

From: uucs1!lk@bloom-beacon.mit.edu (lk):
 >      Does anyone know if there is any X mailing application available
 > or any related information on X mailing tools? I mean not only xbiff,
 > but something like Sun's mailing tool (when you have mail and click it,
 > it will turn out to be an mail editor)

I'm not sure what you are requesting, but I am one of those users who does not
use xbiff.  What I prefer is the InterViews mailbox program.  It shows a list
of the N most recent unread mail messages with an optional count of all unread
messages on the left side.  That way I can see if there is something important
waiting to be read.

I had to hack mailbox up a bit to get it to display the count when it is >9.
The default behavior is to display an '*' when the count is >9.  I changed it
to display the digits vertically for that case.

  -- tom, ekberg@aslss02.asl.dl.nec.com (x3503)