[comp.windows.x] X on Tek 4105

rosen@ssc-vax.uucp (Robert Rosen) (02/21/91)

I am looking for a Tektronix 4105 terminal emulation
package that will run in an Xwindow or DECWindow.
Some where in the X world, I sure somebody has written
an emulator that enables routines that use Tek 410X
graphics to be run in a Xwindow or DECWindow.

An example of the Tek 4105/4107 terminal definitions
can be found Unix /etc/termcap files.

If you have any information or are able to locate via
the Xwindow Consortium an emulator, it is needed.

Thanks
Bob Rosen for
Clint Lalum
Boeing Aerospace & Electronics
lalum@astarsgate.boeing.com
206-773-4505

louis@aero.org (Louis M. McDonald) (02/21/91)

In article <3647@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> rosen@ssc-vax.uucp (Robert Rosen) writes:
>I am looking for a Tektronix 4105 terminal emulation
>package that will run in an Xwindow or DECWindow.
>Some where in the X world, I sure somebody has written
>an emulator that enables routines that use Tek 410X
>graphics to be run in a Xwindow or DECWindow.
>
>An example of the Tek 4105/4107 terminal definitions
>can be found Unix /etc/termcap files.
>
>If you have any information or are able to locate via
>the Xwindow Consortium an emulator, it is needed.
>
>Thanks
>Bob Rosen for
>Clint Lalum
>Boeing Aerospace & Electronics
>lalum@astarsgate.boeing.com
>206-773-4505

GraphPoint has a product called TGRAF-X that provides two programs.
One emulates a 4107 and the other a 4125. We are evaluating it and
so far it looks fairly good. The price I was given was about $2K to
$3K per seat (still cheaper than a Tek Terminal). We are running
it on a VMS system.

Louis McDonald

--
Louis McDonald		Internet: louis@aerospace.aero.org