[net.news.group] fur fetish group

kay@warwick.UUCP (Kay Dekker) (09/07/85)

Folks,
	Lauren tells us that there are twenty or more netters who are
interested in fur fetishism.  Anybody support mod.fetish ('cos I doubt they'll
let us have a *real* newsgroup)?

Votes (pro or con) to me:  don't forget to provide full ID so that when (if)
I get enough votes one way or the other about the formation, no-one can
possibly suggest that I might -gasp!- have been biased...

Failing this, maybe mail.fetish?

						Kay.
--
"A boy does not put his hand into his pocket until every other means of
gaining his end has failed."		_Tommy_, by J. M. Barrie.

			... mcvax!ukc!warwick!flame!kay

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (09/10/85)

With messages like 2315@flame.warwick.UUCP, I guess there's no need
for me to elaborate about what can happen when people start
using serious newsgroups for silliness.

--Lauren--

kay@warwick.UUCP (Kay Dekker) (09/24/85)

In article <800@vortex.UUCP> lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) writes:
>With messages like 2315@flame.warwick.UUCP, I guess there's no need
>for me to elaborate about what can happen when people start
>using serious newsgroups for silliness.
>
>--Lauren--

Lauren,
	are you losing your famous sense of humour, or what?
Can you say I_R_O_N_Y?  You can't?  Oh dear...

Seriously, folks, I admit it: I *was* indulging in a little leg-pulling.
It seemed that recently things had been getting a little on top of Lauren,
and I hoped that I might restore a little of his good humour.  Never mind.

Actually, I agree with almost all of Lauren's points. Sigh...

I admit, though, that I was surprised to get not inconsiderable quantities
of mail expressing interest in a mailing list about fetishes - though,
intriguingly, no fur fetishists indicated interest.

If I get any more mail about my proposal, I'll have at least as much
justification for forming mail.fetish (or mail.oop (for Object-Oriented
People) - remember the MOTSS discussion some years ago?) as people have
had for forming other mailing lists.

It's amazing what truth can be spoken in jest, sometimes...

					Almost contritely,
						Kay.