[comp.windows.x] xdvi?

martin@ayers-rock.tivoli.COM (Martin Neath) (02/22/91)

I have a binary xdvi for DEC MIPS/Ultrix and  can successfully execute it and
preview my dvi  files.  However, what I  don't have  are any man  page and/or
instructions for options, commands, etc.  For example, how  can I get xdvi to
"re-read"  the  dvi  file after a  change?    Any help or   pointers would be
appreciated.

Martin
--
Martin Neath                                   TIVOLI Systems, Inc.
martin@tivoli.com                              6034 West Courtyard, Suite 210

cjmchale@cs.tcd.ie (Ciaran McHale) (02/22/91)

In <9102211638.AA01077@ayers-rock..tivoli.com>
martin@ayers-rock.tivoli.COM (Martin Neath) writes:

>I have a binary xdvi for DEC MIPS/Ultrix and  can successfully execute it and
>preview my dvi  files.  However, what I  don't have  are any man  page and/or
>instructions for options, commands, etc.  For example, how  can I get xdvi to
>"re-read"  the  dvi  file after a  change?    Any help or   pointers would be
>appreciated.

When xdvi has to redraw parts of the window (either on an
Expose event or if you press one of the buttons to zoom in
on a part of the page) it checks the last modified time on
the .dvi file to see has it been updated recently; if so
xdvi will reread in the file and then redraw then window.

Ciaran.
--
Ciaran McHale		"Verbosity says it all"			      ____
Department of Computer Science, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.   \  /