[net.news.group] new group net.intnl

keld@diku.UUCP (Keld J|rn Simonsen) (09/20/85)

At the EUUG conference in Copenhagen we had a BOF on international
UNIX and it was proposed to continue the discussion in a new
newsgroup. It was felt that a new group was needed as there
should be a lot of discussion coming (it is a tremendous work!)
and it would be quite informal (as opposed to other standardisation
work commenting formal drafts).
The group name proposed was net.intnl - any comments ?

storm@diku.UUCP (Kim Fabricius Storm) (09/21/85)

In article <1182@diku.UUCP> keld@diku.UUCP (Keld J|rn Simonsen) writes:
>At the EUUG conference in Copenhagen we had a BOF on international
>UNIX and it was proposed to continue the discussion in a new
>newsgroup.
To have the discussion in a separate newsgroup is a good idea, but ...

>The group name proposed was net.intnl - any comments ?
... what does international UNIX have to do with int's and nl's ?

What about calling the group  net.intunix,
or create a subgroup of net.unix called net.unix.int or net.unix.intnl,
so people can see it has something to do with UNIX ?

gdmr@cstvax.UUCP (George D M Ross) (09/24/85)

I agree that "intnl" isn't a particularly meaningful name, but let's not
imply that the problems are restricted to UN*X.....

--
George D M Ross, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of Edinburgh
Phone: +44 31-667 1081 x2730