[comp.windows.x] xterm & curses

andres@cca.pue.udlap.mx (Andres M) (03/02/91)

----- Begin Included Message -----

From xpert-mailer@expo.lcs.mit.edu Tue Feb 26 22:54:41 1991
Date: 24 Feb 91 22:47:55 GMT
Subject: xterm & curses
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
Sender: xpert-request@expo.lcs.mit.edu
To: xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu

Two questions on curses applications running in a xterm window:

1.  How do I make vi (and other curses apps) understand cursor keys?

2.  I am using fonts 8x13 and 8x13bold for xterm.  The line drawing
characters work fine under this set-up.  I am experimenting with fonts
-dec-terminal-*, and like them better. However, the line drawing
characters seem to be in a separate font (*dectech). Can I use this
(and other fixed pitch fonts) with xterm and still keep the line
drawing capabilities (some sysv curses apps use them)?

If it matters, I am using X11.3 xterm as ditributed with 386 UNIX
ISC X 1.0.

Thanks for your help.

----- End Included Message -----

To answer question 1) I put:
#setenv TERM vt100
#stty rows 22

I hope that this help you !!!!!!!

Andres Monterrosas              Universidad de las Americas, Puebla, Mexico
Ing. de Proyectos
Centro de Computo

E-mail:
Bitnet address          andres@udlapvms                 (Vax)