[comp.windows.x] frame grapper to postscript wanted

hermann@lasso.rz-berlin.mpg.de (03/05/91)

Does anyone of you out there have, use or know of a publicly available
frame grabber that converts contents of color windows to Postscript
files ? I am running  DECwindows on a DECstation 5000-200.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Klaus

(Prof.Dr. K. Hermann                             Tel.: (Ger)-30-8305-526
 Abt. Theorie, Fritz-Haber-Institut                    (Ger)-30-8305-522
 Faradayweg 4-6                                  Fax.: (Ger)-30-8305-520
 D-1000 Berlin 33
 Germany                          e-mail: hermann@fhi-berlin.mpg.dbp.de
                                internet: hermann@LASSO.RZ-berlin.mpg.de

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (03/05/91)

In article <9103042230.AA02226@lasso.RZ-Berlin.MPG.DE>, hermann@lasso.rz-berlin.mpg.de writes:
|> Does anyone of you out there have, use or know of a publicly available
|> frame grabber that converts contents of color windows to Postscript
|> files ? I am running  DECwindows on a DECstation 5000-200.

The DECwindows session manager "print screen" option can dump all or
part of your screen to a PostScript file.  From the command line, "xwd
| xpr" will do similar things.  Look at the man pages for xwd and xpr
for command line options.

--
Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.

nordenswan@csc.fi (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar4.183356@wsl.dec.com>, klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) writes:
> In article <9103042230.AA02226@lasso.RZ-Berlin.MPG.DE>, hermann@lasso.rz-berlin.mpg.de writes:
> |> Does anyone of you out there have, use or know of a publicly available
> |> frame grabber that converts contents of color windows to Postscript
> |> files ? I am running  DECwindows on a DECstation 5000-200.
>
> The DECwindows session manager "print screen" option can dump all or
> part of your screen to a PostScript file.  From the command line, "xwd
> | xpr" will do similar things.  Look at the man pages for xwd and xpr
> for command line options.

What are the software versions requred for this?. I am running Ultrix/UWS 4.1
on a DECstation 5000-200 PXG and my session manager does not allow me to switch
on the color option in the customize printscreen menu nor do i find any
rerferences to commands xwd or xpr at the manual pages.

Antti Kilpinen
Partek Corporation, Corporate R&D
Pargas,
Finland