 From: reid@Glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid)
 Newsgroups: net.general
 Subject: momentous event on Sesame Street
 Date: 18 Nov 85 20:01:30 GMT

 In today's episode (11/18/85) of Sesame Street, the cast finally meets
 Mr. Snuffleupagus. This incredible event has been in the works for
 16 years. In the SF Bay area you can watch it at 5:30 p.m. on
 Channel 9.
 --
        Brian Reid      decwrl!glacier!reid
        Stanford        reid@SU-Glacier.ARPA

reid@Glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid) (11/22/85)

In article <1667@cuae2.UUCP> heiby@cuae2.UUCP (Ron Heiby) writes:
>see if it's still full of junk.)  I can't believe that Brian actually
>posted this to net.general.

I must confess that I did indeed post it to net.general. Please remember
that it was 7:45 in the morning. Perhaps my brain was burned out by seeing
net.general containing one too many advertisements for dinette sets in
central New Jersey or requests to buy a mountain bike. My line of thinking
went kind of like this:

 (1) I would like to reach people who grew up watching Sesame Street. What
is their current defining attribute? Are they likely to read net.tv?
net.kids? Probably not. net.tv is for people who watch tv now; those people
probably already know about the Sesame street thing because it has probably
been advertised (??)(I told you it was 7:45 in the morning).

 (2) I am putting a "ba" distribution on this anyhow, so it probably doesn't
make a lot of difference.

Given that I got a reply from Sweden and one from Ontario, I am betting that
somehow I managed to bungle the "ba" distribution field that I thought I put
there.

P.S. I got about 40 replies saying "thank you--I haven't watched Sesame
Street in years and this was a lot of fun." Mission accomplished.