[comp.windows.x] color x terminals

kochhar@babbage.harvard.edu (Sandeep Kochhar) (02/09/90)

hi!
Does anyone have any information (or stuff they collected off the net)
regarding color X terminals, e.g. resolutions, good/bad experiences, etc.

We are thinking of getting a Tektronix 19" color X terminal; however,
the spatial resolutions (1024x768) seems somewhat small.  Has anyone
used this particular machine, and did you find the resolution
restrictive?

Please e-mail me your responses.
Thanks.

Sandeep Kochhar
(617) 495-3988              mail: kochhar@harvard.harvard.edu
Harvard University                kochhar@harvard.csnet
33 Oxford st,                     kochhar@harvard.uucp
Cambridge, MA 02138               kochhar@harvard.bitnet

Fax: (617) 495-9837

wood%lavc3.dnet@smithkline.COM (Bill Wood, SB Pharmaceuticals R&D, 215-270-5163) (03/09/91)

>From: Joe Huber <lupine!huber@uunet.UU.NET>
>Date: Wed, 06 Mar 91 16:45:31 PST
>
>Our whole family of hardware products share the following software advantages
>vs Tek:
>* DECwindows compatibility (No one else can claim this except DEC, its very
>  hard to do. Having DECnet does not mean you're compatible with DECWindows)

Please don't make broad claims like this, as this is clearly untrue.  Graphon
X terminals have complete DECWindows compatibility.

Bill			wood@smithkline.com