[comp.windows.x] X-based project managers?

munoz@oberon.COM (Richard A. Munoz) (03/07/91)

Does anyone have any info or pointers on available X-based project
managers? There are many PC/Mac-based PM applications that are very
sophisticated (e.g. MS-Project, Timeline, MacProject,) and I'd like
to have a X-based PM of the same quality.

Additionally, what's the best source of information on commercial
applications (regardless of cost) for X window systems? I haven't
found a good source for this information. Ads in Unix World or other
magazines only go so far.

Replies to me. Thanks!

- Rick Munoz
  Munoz@Titania.Oberon.COM
  Oberon Software, Inc., Cambridge, MA, USA.

root@shawn.uucp (0000-Admin(0000)) (03/09/91)

munoz@oberon.COM (Richard A. Munoz) writes:

>Does anyone have any info or pointers on available X-based project
>managers? There are many PC/Mac-based PM applications that are very
>sophisticated (e.g. MS-Project, Timeline, MacProject,) and I'd like
>to have a X-based PM of the same quality.

>Additionally, what's the best source of information on commercial
>applications (regardless of cost) for X window systems? I haven't
>found a good source for this information. Ads in Unix World or other
>magazines only go so far.

>Replies to me. Thanks!

>- Rick Munoz
>  Munoz@Titania.Oberon.COM
>  Oberon Software, Inc., Cambridge, MA, USA.

Call Digital Tools at 408/446-1626.  And ask about their product called
"ClearView".  It is a graphical version of their non-graphical "AutoPlan".
It is currently in final testing under XView on the Sun, and will be out
under Motif very soon afterwards.

The graphical parts are new, but the project mgmt code in the backend is
stable and proven.