[comp.windows.x] Request for patent #s on backing store & include files

epstein@trwacs.UUCP (Jeremy Epstein) (03/11/91)

Has anyone posted copies of the AT&T patents on backing store and
include files?  If so, please direct me to them.

If no one has already done so, I will post them, provided (a) someone
will give me the patent #s so I can get them, and (b) they're not
too humungous so my secretary can type them in!  [A friend who's
a patent attorney says they sometimes run to 1000s of pages, which
is a bit more than I'd like to have typed.]

Thanks!
--Jeremy
--
Jeremy Epstein			UUCP: uunet!trwacs!epstein
Trusted X Research Group	Internet: epstein@trwacs.fp.trw.com

In article <271@trwacs.UUCP> epstein@trwacs.UUCP (Jeremy Epstein) writes:
>Has anyone posted copies of the AT&T patents on backing store and
>include files?  If so, please direct me to them.

Dennis Ritchie posted the backing store patent to comp.misc and
gnu.misc.discuss last week.
--
Barry Margolin, Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar@think.com
{uunet,harvard}!think!barmar

david@lta.lta.COM (David B. Lewis) (03/12/91)

> Has anyone posted copies of the AT&T patents on backing store and

Dennis Ritchie posted the text of #4,555,775, "Dynamic generation and
overlaying of graphic windows for multiple active storage areas" to
gnu.misc.discuss and comp.misc on 3/5.

> include files?  If so, please direct me to them.
Will do.

--
David B. Lewis  			Lewis, Trachtenberg & Associates (LTA)
Note new address!:  david@lta.com	+1 617 225 0366

Some financial models, on the other hand, yield a positive societal value for a
pack of cigarettes: smokers ... inflate group life-insurance premiums, but they
tend to die before costing society much in pensions or nursing-home care. - SA

epstein@trwacs.UUCP (Jeremy Epstein) (03/16/91)

In article <271@trwacs.UUCP>, I wrote:
> Has anyone posted copies of the AT&T patents on backing store and
> include files?  If so, please direct me to them.

I've received a bunch of replies with the patent # for backing store,
and several copies of Dennis Ritchie's posting of the patent abstract
and claims sections.  Thank you everyone!

However, NO ONE has sent me the include file patent #.  If anyone
has it, I would greatly appreciate it!!!  In return, I'll post the
abstract and claims once I get a copy.

Thank you!
--Jeremy