[comp.windows.x] fc? What is `fc'?

n8743196@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (Jeff Wandling) (03/16/91)

We got a ds5000/200, ultrix 4.1, x11r3.

When compiling xconq version 5, it stops because we don't have `fc'

fc seems to be a program to convert font files to another form.

Anyone know where to get fc?

Send replies to knight@arthur.cs.wwu.edu.

--
     Jeff Wandling             USnail: 942 Beta \ B'ham WA \ 98225
     Domain:   jeff@arthur.cs.wwu.edu         ATT:  1-206-647-5814

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar15.205356.490@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu>, n8743196@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (Jeff Wandling) writes:

|> We got a ds5000/200, ultrix 4.1, x11r3.
|> When compiling xconq version 5, it stops because we don't have `fc'

If you're using the MIT sample server, you should be able to get fc
from the same place.  If you're using the DECwindows X server, you
should use dxfc instead.

---
Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

gt1111a@prism.gatech.EDU (Vincent Fox) (03/16/91)

n8743196@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (Jeff Wandling) writes:
>When compiling xconq version 5, it stops because we don't have `fc'
>fc seems to be a program to convert font files to another form.

I ran into the same problem. With MIT X there is a program called
bdftosnf that seems to fulfill the same purpose. Look at the man page
and modify your Makefile accordingly.
--
Vincent Fox (That's Mr. Bucko to you)|"Fleshy-headed mutant, are you friendly?"
Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA             |"No way, eh! Radiation has made me an