[comp.windows.x] X-Session Recorder/Playback

aiken@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Timothy A. Aiken) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar13.174720.17215@pandora.matrox.com> pascal@imagine.matrox.com (Pascal Idez) writes:

>	We are insterested in showing a X-demo of our server using a
>previously recorded X-Session. Unfortunately, we have no tools that
>makes it possible for us to do so.
>
>	Does anyone know whether such tools exist and how we could get
>them ?
>
>	Thank you

>Pascal Idez (pascal@matrox.matrox.com)	Matrox Electronics Systems
>Ingenieur en Informatique		1055, bd St-Regis, Dorval, Que.
>Informatics Engineer

It seems there exists a public domain record-and-playback tool called
XTM. This tool is discussed in the article "Experience in Testing the
Motif Interface," by Jason Su and Paul R. Ritter of Hewlett Packard,
IEEE Software, March 1991.

I have never actually seen this tool used.  If someone knows from where
it can be obtained, please contact me as well.

Thanks

Tim

Timothy A. Aiken				UCLA Computer Science Dept.
aiken@oahu.cs.ucla.edu				3531B Boelter Hall
						(213) 825-4864

laub@Software.Mitel.COM (Boniface Lau) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar15.013446.17850@cs.ucla.edu> aiken@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Timothy A. Aiken) writes:
|It seems there exists a public domain record-and-playback tool called
|XTM. This tool is discussed in the article "Experience in Testing the
|Motif Interface," by Jason Su and Paul R. Ritter of Hewlett Packard,
|IEEE Software, March 1991.
|
|I have never actually seen this tool used.  If someone knows from where
|it can be obtained, please contact me as well.
|
|Thanks
|
|Tim
|
|Timothy A. Aiken				UCLA Computer Science Dept.
|aiken@oahu.cs.ucla.edu				3531B Boelter Hall
|						(213) 825-4864

If anyone has information on XTM, would you please also notify me via
mail - our news server here appears to be unreliable.

Also, in the same article, the authors mentioned a Motif test suite for
installer to verify Motif. Does anyone know how to get this test suite?

Thanks very much.
--
Boniface Lau    (613) 592-2122 ext. 3042    laub@Software.Mitel.COM
Mitel Corp.  				    ...uunet!mitel!spock!laub