[comp.windows.x] Color Postscript Dump

scott%dtc154@visicom.UUCP (Scott Johnson) (03/20/91)

Just a quick question,

I realize that this has been asked recently but I didn't pay much
attention. I had enough other problems at the time.

We need to dump a X screen from a Sun Sparcstation 1, O.S. 4.0.3, to a
color postscript file, for printing on an AGFA Forte film recorder
with ChromaScript (That's theoretically a true Adobe PostScript RIP).
I would also be willing to hear about other printers as targets.

We are currently running Openwindows 2.0.

Thankyou for any help.

	-- Scott

P.S.  If anyone can give me a way to contact a dealer of that printer I
could contact them directly.

mol@tukki.jyu.fi (Mika Latokartano) (03/20/91)

In article <9103191720.AA18849@dtc154.> scott%dtc154@visicom.UUCP (Scott Johnson) writes:
>Just a quick question,
>
>I realize that this has been asked recently but I didn't pay much
>attention. I had enough other problems at the time.
>
>We need to dump a X screen from a Sun Sparcstation 1, O.S. 4.0.3, to a
>color postscript file, for printing on an AGFA Forte film recorder
>with ChromaScript (That's theoretically a true Adobe PostScript RIP).
>I would also be willing to hear about other printers as targets.

        Have you tried dumping X windows using the xwd dump program
	and converting them then with xpr to ps-files?  This should
	give you a ps-file with colors, printable on any color-ps.

	 - Mika

--
[	Mika O. Latokartano	   Internet : mol@tukki.jyu.fi                ]
[	Decnet : mol@jylk.decnet   Bitnet   : mol@finjyu.bitnet               ]

cristy@eplrx7.uucp (John Cristy) (03/20/91)

For color postscript dumps, try contrib/xwd2ps.tar.Z or XtoPS from
contrib/ImageMagick.tar.Z, both on export.lcs.mit.edu.
--
The UUCP Mailer