[net.news] Speaking of line eaters...

jhc@mtung.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) (11/27/85)

We just received the following article (header edited for
brevity):

>From: tracyw@islenet.UUCP (Tracy Walters)
>Newsgroups: net.dcom
>Subject: Re: Protocol Analyzers
>
>grams available from Tekelec. It's price is $20k
> Another excellent analyzer but a lot less costly is the Halcyon 803B for $12k.
>onfiguration control (they figure out on their own what the physical and transfer layer protocols are).
>amming capability, but retails for $20k. Both have auto configuration control.
>eeds.

It looks like the beginnings of each line have been
munched, and possibly the line eater has had a go at it too
(but the line count is good). Some of the lines look too
long - is there a known bug in this area? Anyone recognize
this problem? Of course, it could always be that the poster
screwed up....
--
Jonathan Clark
[NAC]!mtung!jhc

My walk has become rather more silly lately.

richard@islenet.UUCP (Richard Foulk) (12/07/85)

In article <638@mtung.UUCP> jhc@mtung.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) writes:
> We just received the following article (header edited for
> brevity):

> >From: tracyw@islenet.UUCP (Tracy Walters)
> >Newsgroups: net.dcom
> >Subject: Re: Protocol Analyzers
> >
> >grams available from Tekelec. It's price is $20k
> > Another excellent analyzer but a lot less costly is the Halcyon 803B for $12k.
> >onfiguration control (they figure out on their own what the physical and transfer layer protocols are).
> >amming capability, but retails for $20k. Both have auto configuration control.
> >eeds.
> >
> It looks like the beginnings of each line have been
> munched, and possibly the line eater has had a go at it too
> (but the line count is good). Some of the lines look too
> long - is there a known bug in this area? Anyone recognize
> this problem? Of course, it could always be that the poster
> screwed up....
> --

The article looks just like that here on islenet where it originated.
It seems likely that the poster goofed somewhere.

--
Richard Foulk		...{dual,vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii	or ...!islenet!bigtuna!richard