[comp.windows.x] Missing an Xt man page?

roseal@sequent.UUCP (Rose Alford) (03/21/91)

There supposedly is a funtion in Xt called XtCreateApplicationShell.  However,
I do not seem to have the man page for this function.  Does anybody else
out there know anything about this function call or have a man page for it.

Thank in Advance

Rose Alford

melby@daffy.yk.Fujitsu.CO.JP (John B. Melby) (03/21/91)

>There supposedly is a funtion in Xt called XtCreateApplicationShell.
>However, I do not seem to have the man page for this function.

This function is provided as a compatibility function for previous Xt
versions.  It is documented near the end of the Xt docs (along with
XtMainLoop and similar "convenience functions").

-----
John B. Melby
Fujitsu Limited, Machida, Japan
melby%yk.fujitsu.co.jp@uunet

rthomson@mesa.dsd.es.com (Rich Thomson) (03/22/91)

In article <55747@sequent.UUCP>
	roseal@sequent.UUCP (Rose Alford) writes:
>There supposedly is a funtion in Xt called XtCreateApplicationShell.  However,
>I do not seem to have the man page for this function.  Does anybody else
>out there know anything about this function call or have a man page for it.

I've noticed that lots of the Xt routines in R4 have no man page.  I
think the documentation portion of the mit tree just hasn't been
completely updated to reflect reality.  The individual pages that
already existed have been edited to reflect R4, though.

							-- Rich
--
  ``Read my MIPS -- no new VAXes!!'' -- George Bush after sniffing freon
	    Disclaimer: I speak for myself, except as noted.