[comp.windows.x] Looking for Image Processing Software

henks@nikhefk.UUCP (Henk Schouten) (03/08/91)

Could anyone help me find any pointers to either public domain or commercial
software packages for Image Processing? The software has to be usefull in
teaching students about this material, rather than in any professional context.

PS: Please reply by email to henks@si.hhs.nl
--
Henk Schouten					email:	henks@si.hhs.nl
Sector Informatica, Haagse Hogeschool		or:	henks@nikhefk.nikhef.nl

garyc@hobbes.wv.tek.com (Gary Combs) (03/15/91)

Try xim at m9-514-1.mit.edu (18.80.0.104).

Gary Combs 			 Seen on the wall in a New York subway station:
Tektronix, Inc			  "There are no integers n > 2 and x, y, z > 0,
NWD Technical Marketing Support	          such that x^n + y^n = z^n.
(503)685-2072			  I have found a truly wonderful proof of this.
 				  Unfortunately, my train is coming."

uunet!tektronix!hobbes.WV.TEK!garyc

clh@tfic.bc.ca (Chris Hermansen) (03/22/91)

In article <826@nikhefk.UUCP> henks@nikhefk.UUCP (Henk Schouten) writes:
>Could anyone help me find any pointers to either public domain or commercial
>software packages for Image Processing? The software has to be usefull in
>teaching students about this material, rather than in any professional context.
>
>Any help would be very much appreciated.

In case anyone's interested, EOSAT distributes a decent basic image processing
system for about US$300 (or that's what it was the last time I saw a price).
It runs on PCs with VGA type displays.

I don't know a name, but you might try asking at

	Earth Observation Satellite Company
	4300 Forbes Boulevard
	Lanham, Md 20706-9954

	Canada & USA: 1 800 344 9933
	Elsewhere: 01 301 552 0537

>PS: Please reply by email to henks@si.hhs.nl

I did this as well

Chris Hermansen                         Timberline Forest Inventory Consultants
Voice: 1 604 733 0731                   302 - 958 West 8th Avenue
FAX:   1 604 733 0634                   Vancouver B.C. CANADA
clh@tfic.bc.ca                          V5Z 1E5

C'est ma facon de parler.