[comp.windows.x] X11R4 for A/UX update 2

coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (03/22/91)

The second update to my X11R4 distribution for A/UX 2.0 is now available
from wuarchive.wustl.edu (/archive/systems/aux/X11R4/Xupdate2.tar.Z).
This update contains a new server (XmacII) which fixes several bugs
related to problems with older versions of gcc (the 1e-07 bug). It also
contains versions of the unshared libraries which appear to contain all
the functions (unlike the old ones :-().

Also available in /archive/systems/aux/X11R4/diffs is a complete rewrite
of the patch file used to produce X11R4 with shared libraries. This
patch file should be MUCH easier to use than the old ones; no strange
options were set when I made it, and it should fix everything in place
and correctly for the build. Combined with either the fixed mkshlib from
aux.support.apple.com or the A/UX 2.0.1 mkshlib, no strange hacking in
binary files is required to get things working.

As before, all changes to the X11R4 distribution contained in the patch
files is released to the world under the MIT X copyright. Any
redistribution of the changes is authorized provided I'm identified as
the author of the changes. I would like to formally contribute the
changes back into the public release of X; I'm not sure what exactly
needs to be done to accomplish getting things folded back in.

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1991 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.

coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (03/23/91)

coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) writes:
>Also available in /archive/systems/aux/X11R4/diffs is a complete rewrite
>of the patch file used to produce X11R4 with shared libraries. This
>patch file should be MUCH easier to use than the old ones; no strange
>options were set when I made it, and it should fix everything in place
>and correctly for the build. Combined with either the fixed mkshlib from
>aux.support.apple.com or the A/UX 2.0.1 mkshlib, no strange hacking in
>binary files is required to get things working.

Nope, they're MUCH harder to use than the old ones. I managed to reverse
the whole set, thus provoking major havoc when anyone tries to use them.
Also, they conflict quite a bit with the new 2.0.1 header files. I'll
try to get a new version out next week.