[comp.windows.x] Form manager packages under X windows

icsg8004@ming.cs.montana.edu (Chance Younkin) (03/30/91)

I'm wondering if there are any packages that do form management under X windows.
I realize some widget programming would be a solution but no widget sets are
available at this time.  Has anyone heard of a prepackaged form management
system for X windows?

Thanks

Chance Younkin

purpura@sunosi.al.alcoa.COM (M Purpura) (04/02/91)

>I'm wondering if there are any packages that do form management under X windows>.
>I realize some widget programming would be a solution but no widget sets are
>available at this time.  Has anyone heard of a prepackaged form management
>system for X windows?

there is a package available from Expert Object corp, 708/676-5555 located
in Lincolnwood, Illinois that has something. ask for Barry or Nick.
i wouldn't mind seeing all the responses to this question.

m purpura
alcoa labs
pgh, pa

lcp@ibism.UUCP (Larry Poleshuck) (04/03/91)

In article <9104011630.AA04187@sunosi.al.alcoa.com>, purpura@sunosi.al.alcoa.COM (M Purpura) writes:

|> there is a package available from Expert Object corp, 708/676-5555 located
|> in Lincolnwood, Illinois that has something. ask for Barry or Nick.
|> i wouldn't mind seeing all the responses to this question.
|>
|> m purpura
|> alcoa labs
|> pgh, pa

I just spoke with Barry who told me that they do not have a Forms management package that uses X.  They have a utility with their OpenLook GUI builder which uses row-columns to achieve *some* of the functionality of a Forms management tool, but not what people have come to expect in a forms management tool.  He said specifically that they do not market their GUI builder as a Forms management tool.

If anyone does come across something, specifically something that is built with Motif, I would be interested in knowing about it.

--

Larry Poleshuck
Citibank

Phone:  212-657-7709
Fax:    212-825-8607
E-Mail: uunet!ibism!lcp

fgreco@govt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) (04/03/91)

> |> there is a package available from Expert Object corp, 708/676-5555 located
> |> in Lincolnwood, Illinois that has something. ask for Barry or Nick.
> |> i wouldn't mind seeing all the responses to this question.
> |>
> |> m purpura
> |> alcoa labs
> |> pgh, pa

	I saw the Expert Object "package" at a recent exhibition in NYC
	and it looked like a bunch of calls that manage some
	sort of matrix thingee in an XView canvas.  Too bad it isn't a
	full-fledged XView object though...

	Frank G.