[comp.windows.x] PostScript previewer for X11R4 and/or Motif

ik@snoopy.ctt.bellcore.com (Ik Su Yoo) (04/02/91)

I'm looking for a PostScript previewer for X11R4 running under Sun
SPARC. I know about xps, but I couldn't get it to work.

Ideally, I would want a Motif widget that can display a PostScript
file, but I'll settle for a modular piece of software running under
X11R4. (Not XNeWS -- I know about OpenWindow's version of xps.)

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Ik Su Yoo
RRC 1H-229, (908) 699-5764
ik@ctt.bellcore.com

ik@snoopy.ctt.bellcore.com (Ik Su Yoo) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Apr1.192200.5167@bellcore.bellcore.com>,
ik@snoopy.ctt.bellcore.com (Ik Su Yoo) writes:
> I'm looking for a PostScript previewer for X11R4 running under Sun
> SPARC. I know about xps, but I couldn't get it to work.
>
> Ideally, I would want a Motif widget that can display a PostScript
> file, but I'll settle for a modular piece of software running under
> X11R4. (Not XNeWS -- I know about OpenWindow's version of xps.)

I haven't found a Motif widget (I'm still looking BTW), but
GhostScript from prep.ai.mit.edu or tut.cis.ohio-state.edu works on
the SPARC. Others couldn't get xps to work on the SPARC, either.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Ik Su Yoo
RRC 1H-229, (908) 699-5764
ik@ctt.bellcore.com

bush@ecs.ox.ac.uk (Mark Bush) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Apr1.192200.5167@bellcore.bellcore.com> ik@ctt.bellcore.com (Ik Su Yoo) writes:
#I'm looking for a PostScript previewer for X11R4 running under Sun
#SPARC. I know about xps, but I couldn't get it to work.

Check out Ghostscript.  Available from prep.ai.mit.edu in pub/gnu and many
other GNU software stockists.  The files you want are ghostscript-2.1.1.tar.Z
and ghostscript-2.1fonts.tar.Z.

Mark

kjc@and.cs.liv.ac.uk (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr1.192200.5167@bellcore.bellcore.com>, ik@snoopy.ctt.bellcore.com (Ik Su Yoo) writes:
> I'm looking for a PostScript previewer for X11R4 running under Sun
> SPARC. I know about xps, but I couldn't get it to work.
>
> Ideally, I would want a Motif widget that can display a PostScript
> file, but I'll settle for a modular piece of software running under
> X11R4. (Not XNeWS -- I know about OpenWindow's version of xps.)
>
> Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
>
> Ik Su Yoo
> RRC 1H-229, (908) 699-5764
> ik@ctt.bellcore.com
Try GHOSTSCRIPT from GNU ... works for us

brown@ftms.UUCP (Vidiot) (04/04/91)

<
<Ideally, I would want a Motif widget that can display a PostScript
<file, but I'll settle for a modular piece of software running under
<X11R4. (Not XNeWS -- I know about OpenWindow's version of xps.)

If you are running OpenWindows, why not use pageview?
--
harvard\
  ucbvax!uwvax!astroatc!ftms!brown