[comp.windows.x] Displaying NeWS clients on different displays

greg@carnivore.tamu.edu (Greg Economides) (03/22/91)

I am assuming (after having success using `plain' X) that I should be able
to run an OpenWindows client on one machine and have it display on
another.  My DISPLAY env. variable is correctly set (but the error I get
doesn't seem to point to a problem there anyway), and the other machine has
been added to the xhost database.  When I am logged into
one machine, do an rlogin to the other, set the DISPLAY var and then
try to run the xview cmdtool or textedit, etc, I get:

ld.so: open error 62 for /usr/lib/libolgx.so.3.0

I am running SunOS 4.1.1 and OpenWindows 2.0 on both machines: Sparc 1+
and 4/110.

Any suggestions?

Peace,
--
Greg Economides                          "This sentence is false"
Technical Lab Coordinator

andres@cca.pue.udlap.mx (Andres M) (04/04/91)

> From xpert-mailer@expo.lcs.mit.edu Thu Mar 21 21:36:40 1991
> Date: 21 Mar 91 18:04:19 GMT
> Subject: Displaying NeWS clients on different displays
> Newsgroups: comp.windows.news,comp.windows.x
> Sender: xpert-request@expo.lcs.mit.edu
> To: xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu
>
> I am assuming (after having success using `plain' X) that I should be able
> to run an OpenWindows client on one machine and have it display on
> another.  My DISPLAY env. variable is correctly set (but the error I get
> doesn't seem to point to a problem there anyway), and the other machine has
> been added to the xhost database.  When I am logged into
> one machine, do an rlogin to the other, set the DISPLAY var and then
> try to run the xview cmdtool or textedit, etc, I get:
>

> ld.so: open error 62 for /usr/lib/libolgx.so.3.0
>
> I am running SunOS 4.1.1 and OpenWindows 2.0 on both machines: Sparc 1+
> and 4/110.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Peace,
> --
> Greg Economides                          "This sentence is false"
> Technical Lab Coordinator
> Texas A&M University -- Biosystems Modelling Group
> Internet: greg@carnivore.tamu.edu

Do you have this environment variable?
Andres Monterrosas              Universidad de las Americas, Puebla, Mexico
Ing. de Proyectos
Centro de Computo

E-mail:
Bitnet address          andres@udlapvms                 (Vax)
Internet address        andres@udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx    (Vax)
                        andres@cca.pue.udlap.mx         (Sun)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/lib

Do you have this library libolgx.so.3.0 ?