[comp.windows.x] Chinese Language Fonts for X

ellis@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Brian Ellis) (04/05/91)

Are there any X fonts for the Chinese language available?
If so - where, how and if commercial - how much?

Please reply by email to Brian.Ellis@vuw.ac.nz

Thanks in advance...

--
Brian Ellis                               Computing Services Centre
Domain: Brian.Ellis@rata.vuw.ac.nz        Victoria University of Wellington, NZ

rdong@MSRI.ORG (Rui-Tao Dong) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr05.013617.880@comp.vuw.ac.nz> ellis@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Brian Ellis) writes:
>Are there any X fonts for the Chinese language available?
>If so - where, how and if commercial - how much?
>
>Please reply by email to Brian.Ellis@vuw.ac.nz
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>--
>Brian Ellis                               Computing Services Centre
>Domain: Brian.Ellis@rata.vuw.ac.nz        Victoria University of Wellington, NZ

	There are free chinese X bdf fonts included in the standard X11R4
distribution. Look under .../X11R4/contrib/clients/mlx. Two sizes are
available, Csong16.bdf and Csong24.bdf.

Regards,

	Rui - Tao  Dong         |       (415) 237 - 7628 (H)
	110 Lakeshore Court     |       (415) 643 - 6048 (O)
	Richmond, CA 94804      |       rdong@borel.msri.org

bert@medley.ssdl.com (Bert Medley ) (04/06/91)

ellis@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Brian Ellis) writes:

> Are there any X fonts for the Chinese language available?
> If so - where, how and if commercial - how much?
>
> Please reply by email to Brian.Ellis@vuw.ac.nz
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> --
> Brian Ellis                               Computing Services Centre
> Domain: Brian.Ellis@rata.vuw.ac.nz        Victoria University of Wellington,

Me too please.  Thanks.

--
Bert Medley              !
bert@medley.ssdl.com     !

mleisher@nmsu.edu (Mark Leisher) (04/07/91)

A relatively complete collection of Chinese X11 fonts are available by
anonymous ftp from:

crl.nmsu.edu:pub/chinese/fonts/  [128.123.1.14]
mleisher@nmsu.edu                      "I laughed.
Mark Leisher                                I cried.
Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]