Examples:

        Date: 23 Jan 86 05:00:00 GMT <22 Jan 86 21:00:00 PST>

        Local-Date: 22 Jan 86 21:00:00 PST

Have proposals like this already been picked to pieces?  Both are easy to
implement, and are widely used for contextual problems in addresses.
Using a separate header line should be a painless upgrade path, but adds
yet another header line and a few more bytes of storage overhead.
--
----------
Richard Guy

wls@astrovax.UUCP (William L. Sebok) (01/25/86)

In article <8489@ucla-cs.ARPA> guy@ucla-cs.UUCP writes:
>I recently discovered that Usenet is now exclusively using GMT for all
>article timestamps.  (I normally filter out the various date/time lines
>of the header.)  To placate those (like me) who want the local time,
>on those rare occasions when I need to look at the time fields,
>I propose that a place be provided for the local time interpretation.

Rather, the news reading programs (rn, readnews, vnews) should display (or at
least have an option to display) the timestamps in local time.  It should be
up to the local site to understand the conversion from GMT to the local time
and having extra date fields is wasteful.
--
Bill Sebok			Princeton University, Astrophysics
{allegra,akgua,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,noao,philabs,princeton,vax135}!astrovax!wls