[comp.windows.x] Server screen capture utility

PIERONNE@FRSIM51.BITNET (04/09/91)

Hi X-folks,

X11R4 comes with a clients named xwd that captures the contents of a single
X window in a file. This is not suitable to make a hardcopy of an application
output (such as Hugin) when several (small) windows are created.

We would like to find something working like the screen capture function
in DECwindows i.e. dragging a rectangle to define the screen area that is to
be captured.

Does someone know where such a client can be found ? Public domain, anonymous
ftp would be really nice...

Many thanks in advance, sorry if this is a common question but I could not
find an answer in the info posting.

Please answer by e-mail to PIERONNE@FRSIM51.BITNET if you whish to.

gstiehl@convex.convex.COM (Greg Stiehl) (04/09/91)

In article <9104081232.AA14033@expo.lcs.mit.edu>, PIERONNE@FRSIM51.BITNET writes:
>We would like to find something working like the screen capture function
>in DECwindows i.e. dragging a rectangle to define the screen area that is to
>be captured.

xgrabsc.  It is in comp.window.x:  v08i75, v08i75, v09i026, and v09i045.

-greg.

----
Greg Stiehl (gstiehl@convex.com)
Graphics Software
Convex Computer Corp.

colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (04/09/91)

writes:
> We would like to find something working like the screen capture function
> in DECwindows i.e. dragging a rectangle to define the screen area that is to
> be captured.

xsnap on export.lcs.mit.edu

--
Colas Nahaboo, colas@sa.inria.fr, Bull Research, Koala Project, GWM X11 WM
Phone:(33) 93.65.77.70(.66 Fax), INRIA, B.P.109 - 06561 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE.