[comp.windows.x] oneko

ea08+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric A. Anderson) (04/10/91)

I modified the oneko sources so that you can also have a dog running
around on your screen, and so that the program attempts to raise
itself when it gets a Visibility Notify Event (I had the problem with
the cat getting underneath my windows.)  If anyone would like a copy
of this, they can get it from sol.sura.net under the x11r4 directory.
Does anyone have the email address of the original author?  Because I
would prefer to coordinate with them changes.
          -Eric
"My life is full of additional complications spinning around until
 it makes my head snap off."
           -Unc. Known.
"You are very smart, shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"

simonm@mel.dit.csiro.au (Simon McClenahan) (04/10/91)

In article <Ic0XkZi00VQo4R8M9q@andrew.cmu.edu>, ea08+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric A. Anderson) writes:
|> I modified the oneko sources so that you can also have a dog running
|> around on your screen, and so that the program attempts to raise
The options -dog, -tora, and -neko don't seem to work for me. Any idea?

--
|Simon McClenahan CSIRO, | Cray Supercomputing Support Group             |
|55 Barry St, Carlton,   | (TEL) +61 3 347 8644   (FAX) +61 3 347 8987   |

cornell@csl.dl.nec.com (Cornell Kinderknecht) (04/11/91)

simonm@mel.dit.csiro.au (Simon McClenahan) writes:

>In article <Ic0XkZi00VQo4R8M9q@andrew.cmu.edu>, ea08+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric A. Anderson) writes:
>|> I modified the oneko sources so that you can also have a dog running
>|> around on your screen, and so that the program attempts to raise
>The options -dog, -tora, and -neko don't seem to work for me. Any idea?

When I try -dog, I get a segmentation fault.

--- Cornell

yow@sweetpea.jsc.nasa.gov (04/11/91)

Segment of code from okeno
        if (strcmp(argv[ArgCounter]+1,AnimalDefaultsDataTable[loop])==0)
          {NekoMoyou = loop;found=1;}

I changed the AnimalDefaultsDataTable[loop] to =>
        if (strcmp(argv[ArgCounter]+1,AnimalDefaultsDataTable[loop].name)==0)
          {NekoMoyou = loop;found=1;}

Which allows -dog, -tora and -neko to work.  The line is near the very
end of the program.
					Good Luck,
						Bill Yow
						yow@sweetpea.jsc.nasa.gov

My opinions are my own.

ea08+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric A. Anderson) (04/12/91)

Due to a massive oversite, and the result of programming too early in
the morning :), I put a version up which didn't really work well
unless you happened to get lucky , as I did.  I recently fixed it, so
all those who fetched it a little while ago should go get the new
sources.