dob@inel.GOV (Dave Brooks) (04/10/91)

   From: ekberg@asl.dl.nec.COM (Tom Ekberg)
   Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
   Date: 8 Apr 91 16:32:37 GMT

[stuff deleted about wierd interaction between Frame 2.1X and tvtwm]

   If you have used tvtwm and FrameMaker successfully I'd like to find out how to
   get them to cooperate.

     -- tom, ekberg@asl.dl.nec.com (x3503)

i'm in the same situation as you.  i sent mail to comments@frame.com, the
address i got from the Frame Info window.  they responded to me pretty
quickly, notifying that they received my email.  about a week ago, they
sent me more mail indiciating that this problem is fixed in 2.1.1X.  we also
have 2.1X.

the person within our company who is the Frame point of contact is working
with them to see if this is also fixed in the upcoming Frame 3.0.

note that Frame works fine under twm, except that you can't close
individual windows like you can under mwm.  or at least i haven't figured
out how...

dlb
David L. Brooks
Idaho National Engineering Lab.  INTERNET: dob@INEL.GOV
POB 1625 MS 2603                 Phone: (208) 526-0826
Idaho Falls, Id. 83415		 FAX:   (208) 526-9936

mikeh@bryant.NCD.COM (Mike Harrigan) (04/10/91)

In article <9104091721.AA05518@mijen.inel.gov>, dob@inel.GOV (Dave
Brooks) writes:

[lots of stuff deleted about tvtwm and Frame interaction and Frame
supposedly fixing it in 2.1.1-X]

|> note that Frame works fine under twm, except that you can't close
|> individual windows like you can under mwm.  or at least i haven't figured
|> out how...

Put the cursor in the window to be closed and type control-c. Works for
most applications that use the Motif toolkit. I find it faster than
using the mwm close command even when using mwm.

Mike Harrigan
Network Computing Devices
mikeh@ncd.com

In article <4960@lupine.NCD.COM> mikeh@bryant.NCD.COM (Mike Harrigan) writes:
>Put the cursor in the window to be closed and type control-c. Works for
>most applications that use the Motif toolkit. I find it faster than

Not unless the programmer put the functionality in.  Motif unfortunately
does not specify standards for accelerators.  A grave mistake IMHO.
--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.          |       Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul@alfalfa.com              |       Send Anything... Anywhere

everyone else's.

aw@jello.bae.bellcore.com (Andrew Wason) (04/12/91)

In article <9104091721.AA05518@mijen.inel.gov>, dob@inel.GOV (Dave Brooks) writes:
>note that Frame works fine under twm, except that you can't close
>individual windows like you can under mwm.  or at least i haven't figured
>out how...

Type Ctrl-C or Meta-F4 in the window.

Andrew

Andrew Wason                                       Bell Communications Research
aw@bae.bellcore.com                                Piscataway, NJ
bellcore!bae!aw