[comp.windows.x] tvtwm Where can I get it

fpb@ittc.wec.com (Frank P. Bresz) (04/22/91)

I was reading posts and saw a mention of tvtwm.  I think this is the
virtual screen version of twm that allows you to keep windows off of the
screen.  I would really like to know where I can find this version.
--

hfaester@hotblack (Hannes Faestermann) (04/22/91)

fpb@ittc.wec.com (Frank P. Bresz) writes:

>I was reading posts and saw a mention of tvtwm.  I think this is the
>virtual screen version of twm that allows you to keep windows off of the
>screen.  I would really like to know where I can find this version.

You can get it from
	export.lcs.mit.edu (18.30.0.238)
in the directory
	contrib
as
	tvtwm.tar.Z (222045 kByte)

Hope that helps

	Hannes

--
Hannes Faestermann           |  Internet:
Physik-Department E17        |   Hannes.Faestermann@Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE

fpb@ittc.wec.com (Frank P. Bresz) (04/23/91)

I have it.  It's great it's wonderful.  Thanks everyone who answered.

Now how do I grab the rectangle that is the current screen and move it with
the mouse.  Right now I have it moving using keys.  This only allows moving
by chunks and I can't get 'exactly' where I want to be.  README.tvtwm says
try button 1 but it doesn't work for me.
--

toml@marvin.Solbourne.COM (Tom LaStrange) (04/23/91)

> I have it.  It's great it's wonderful.  Thanks everyone who answered.
>
> Now how do I grab the rectangle that is the current screen and move it with
> the mouse.  Right now I have it moving using keys.  This only allows moving
> by chunks and I can't get 'exactly' where I want to be.  README.tvtwm says
> try button 1 but it doesn't work for me.

If you're running OpenWindows 2.0 then be patient.  A nice person at Sun
provided me a work around for an OW button grabbing problem.  It should work
in the next release (due any day now :-).

--
(I kid you not)Tom LaStrange        toml@Solbourne.COM