[comp.windows.x] HP-like xcalc

hathawa@rdsunx.crd.ge.com (Barry Hathaway) (04/09/91)

Are there any X calculators out there that use reverse Polish notation like the
HP calculators?

aardvark@cunix7.prime.com (Don Koch) (04/10/91)

In article <18356@crdgw1.crd.ge.com>, hathawa@rdsunx.crd.ge.com (Barry
Hathaway) writes:
|> Are there any X calculators out there that use reverse Polish
notation like the
|> HP calculators?

xterm -rpn

--
Don Koch
aardvark@primerd.prime.com

tgades@skadi.physics.stolaf.edu (Anthony M Gades) (04/10/91)

In article <18356@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> hathawa@rdsunx.crd.ge.com (Barry Hathaway) writes:
>Are there any X calculators out there that use reverse Polish notation like the
>HP calculators?

How about  "xcalc -rpn".  Check the man page for xcalc.

tgades

  _________                         Tony Gades St. Olaf College,
      /                       /     Northfield, MN  55057
     /                       /      tel (507)-663-2725

mikeh@bryant.NCD.COM (Mike Harrigan) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr9.155041@cunix7.prime.com>, aardvark@cunix7.prime.com
(Don Koch) writes:
|> notation like the
|>
|> xterm -rpn
|>
|> --
|> Don Koch
|> aardvark@primerd.prime.com
|> These are only my opinions and not necessarily those of my employer.

You really meant xcalc -rpn. I know, my fingers automatically type xterm, too.

aardvark@cunix7.prime.com (Don Koch) (04/11/91)

(Don Koch) writes:
|> In article <18356@crdgw1.crd.ge.com>, hathawa@rdsunx.crd.ge.com
(Barry
|> notation like the
|>
|> xterm -rpn

Let me try that again!

xcalc -rpn
^^^^^
(Thanks to david@lta.lta.com (David B. Lewis) for pointing out my, er,
typo.)

--

adri@dutncp8.tudelft.nl (A.B. van Woerkom) (04/24/91)

hathawa@rdsunx.crd.ge.com (Barry Hathaway) writes:

>Are there any X calculators out there that use reverse Polish notation like the
>HP calculators?

Yes. Start xcalc with the -rpn option, it will then emulate a HP-10C (instead
of a TI-30.

--
A.B. van Woerkom, adri@dutncp6.tudelft.nl
Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Applied Physics, Physics