[net.news.group] net.misc.coke to go away

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (10/08/85)

Net.misc.coke was created as a temporary group for postings about the
new vs. old Coke.  The time has come for the group to fade away since
the volume of postings has droppedd off considerably.

I will delete the group in a week or so.  Further discussions of colas
and the marketing of same should go into (ONE of): net.cooks, net.misc,
or net.consumers.  PLEASE do not post articles to all three at once!
--
Gene "3 months and counting slowly" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Andrew S. Gerber) (10/10/85)

In article <1433@gatech.CSNET>, spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) writes:
> Net.misc.coke was created as a temporary group for postings about the
> new vs. old Coke.  The time has come for the group to fade away since
> the volume of postings has droppedd off considerably.
>
> I will delete the group in a week or so.  Further discussions of colas
> and the marketing of same should go into (ONE of): net.cooks, net.misc,
> or net.consumers.  PLEASE do not post articles to all three at once!

Oh well,

   It's been fun.  I enjoyed reading all the flames about Coke for a while,
and although they've dropped off, I expect that some people are still reading
this newsgroup:

SO:

    A FINAL POLL:  (results will be published in net.misc)

A)  Did you drink Old Coke before the change?
    (if you didn't, a response is not even neccesary)

B)  If you did, what soda are you consuming now?

  Send replies to:

    ARPA:  gerber@mit-athena.MIT.EDU
	   gerber@mit-mc.MIT.EDU

    UUCP:  decvax!mit-eddie!mit-amt!gerber
	   decvax!mit-athena!gerber

				Thanks,

					Andrew Gerber

usenet@ucbvax.ARPA (USENET News Administration) (10/10/85)

I am not sure it is time for net.misc.coke to disappear.
I think the Coca-Cola company has pulled a fast one with
the so-called "Classic Coke". I am certain it is not the
same as old coke. I guess the good old days are really
and truly gone, sacrificed on the altar of short sighted
capitalist greed by the large corporations ...

(this comes from a hard core "old coke" addict of many years,
 now drinking excessive amounts of coffee ...)

ps- Are there any protests against classic coke going on?