[comp.windows.x] Xview running on a straight MIT server?

BARRERA@MTUS5.BITNET (Chris Barrera) (05/07/91)

one thing i want to know is, does anyone have experience running
Xview applications on a "straight" X server rather than the Open
Windows server? i need to know if there would be any problems or
if any widgets aren't supported etc...

dan@systech.bjorn.COM (Dan Gill) (05/07/91)

In article <91126.133602BARRERA@MTUS5.BITNET>, BARRERA@MTUS5.BITNET (Chris Barrera) writes:
> one thing i want to know is, does anyone have experience running
> Xview applications on a "straight" X server rather than the Open
> Windows server? i need to know if there would be any problems or
> if any widgets aren't supported etc...

I am running the standard MIT server on a SUN 3/60 machine.  I also run
the open look window manager.  I can run XView clients just fine, however,
graphics from these clients runs verrry sloowwwllly.  I don't know if it is
the specific application or the XView lib stuff.  But, they do what they
are supposed to do.

Dg
"On second thought, let us not go to Camelot.  It is a silly place"
Dan Gill                              [uunet ucsd.edu]!systech!dan