[comp.windows.x] Question about XImage s

bj@oak.UUCP (Bjoren Davis) (05/18/91)

Here's another question for y'all:

How can I determine how much space I should allocate for XImage data before
I call XCreateImage?  It seems that that is the kind of thing that would be
well hidden in Xlib.

Thanks.
--Bjoren Davis
(bj@oak.com)
Oakland Group, Inc.

killy@fibronics.UUCP (Kirill Tatarinoff) (05/21/91)

In article <9105171919.AA02397@oak.com>, bj@oak.UUCP (Bjoren Davis) writes:

> How can I determine how much space I should allocate for XImage data before
> I call XCreateImage?  It seems that that is the kind of thing that would be
> well hidden in Xlib.

There is nothing hidden here. This size just depends on Image's format.
For XYBitmap You may want to allocate the space by smth like:
	calloc((width / 8) + (width % 8 ? 1 : 0), height)
and for ZPixmap:
	malloc(width * height * (image->bits_per_pixel / 8))
and so on ...

Kirill Tatarinoff        | "Those evening bells! those evening bells!
killy@fibronics.UUCP     |  How many a tale their music tells... "
Nms Team		 |			Thomas Moore
Fibronics International, |
Israel                   |