[comp.windows.x] ATT Xol fonts

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (05/22/91)

This may have been asked before, but OpenLook and xterm
on the Amiga/Unix box need some fonts that are not on the
Mit R4 core tape, nore are they on the contrib tape. At least I
could not find them. Specifically fonts like the button font.

Clients such as olwm and xterm (from ATT) will not run without
these fonts on the Xserver/Xterminal.

Are these fonts freely available from a source I don't know about?
Can they be redistributed without fee?

Dale Luck
GfxBase, Inc.  408-262-1469
amiga!boing!dale boing.com!dale

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

sarima@tdatirv.UUCP (Stanley Friesen) (05/25/91)

In article <979@boing.UUCP> dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) writes:
>This may have been asked before, but OpenLook and xterm
>on the Amiga/Unix box need some fonts that are not on the
>Mit R4 core tape, nore are they on the contrib tape. At least I
>could not find them. Specifically fonts like the button font.

They are there, just not in an obvious place.
The OpenLook fonts (including the Lucida fonts) are in
$(TOP)/contrib/toolkits/XView/fonts

Check there, I bet you will find them.
--
uunet!tdatirv!sarima				(Stanley Friesen)