[comp.windows.x] acm 2.3 available on export.lcs.mit.edu - but I don't have FTP access!

andrew@resam.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) (05/24/91)

In <3834@spim.mips.COM> riley@mips.com (Riley Rainey) writes:
>Acm 2.3, the aerial combat simulation for X, is now available for ftp
>from export.lcs.mit.edu.  Version 2.3 fixes a few bugs and portability
>problems that were uncovered in version 2.2.

>The pathname of the compressed tar file is contrib/acm.2.3.tar.Z.

Could somebody please send a copy to me because I don't have FTP access
anymore after BITFTP discontinued it's wonderful service allowing mail-
only sites to do ftp.

PS: I've tried Riley Rainey but I think he is too busy...

Andrew

Leif Andrew Rump, AmbraSoft A/S, Stroedamvej 50, DK-2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
UUCP: andrew@ambra.dk, phone: +45 39 27 11 77                /
Currently at Scandinavian Airline Systems                =======/
UUCP: andrew@resam.dk, phone: +45 32 32 51 54                \
SAS, RESAM Project Office, CPHML-V, P.O.BOX 150, DK-2770 Kastrup, Denmark

                If it's broke, fix it (The MS-DOS way)
            If it aint broke, don't touch it (The Unix way)
	If we can't fix it, it ain't broke (Maintainer's Motto)
             If you can't fix it, fuck it (The U-boat way)

neumann@dec4.wu-wien.ac.at (Gustaf Neumann) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.135404.7794@resam.dk>, andrew@resam.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) writes:
|> >The pathname of the compressed tar file is contrib/acm.2.3.tar.Z.
|>
|> Could somebody please send a copy to me because I don't have FTP access
|> anymore after BITFTP discontinued it's wonderful service allowing mail-
|> only sites to do ftp.

To everybody in Europe, who suffers the same problem:

The X-archvies on export.lcs.mit.edu are accessible in BITNET/EARN from
the mail server TRICKLE@AWIWUW11.BITNET.

For example in order to obtain contrib/acm.2.3.tar.Z send a mail containing
the following lines in its body:

/PDGET <EXPO-MIT.CONTRIB>acm.2.3.tar.Z
/PDDIR <EXPO-MIT.CONTRIB>
/HELP

BITNET/EARN users can also send messages (using TELL) to order files.

-gustaf neumann
PS: yes, we are accessing export.lcs.mit.edu and not expo.lcs.mit.edu, we
    just did not rename our local directory names.

---
Gustaf Neumann		neumann@dec4.wu-wien.ac.at, neumann@awiwuw11.bitnet
Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
Augasse 2-6,  A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 (222) 31-336 x4533  	Fax 347-555