[comp.windows.x] X terminals - which ones should we buy ?

craa79@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Bruce Rodger.) (05/20/91)

We are currently considering purchasing a number of X-terminals, to use as
front-ends to our VMS and Unix systems.

I'd be interested to find out some information from other sites using
Xterminals. In particular,

	What make of X-terminals are you using ?

	How much memory is necessary? How is this split between
	display and IO ?

	What about monitor size ? Is a 14" monitor useable - can you work with
	it, or is it too small when you have lots of windows up?

At the moment, we are considering products from Pericom, NCD and Tektronix -
should we be looking at any other company's products ?

Regards,
Bruce.
--
R.B. Rodger        |JANET:   R.B.Rodger@uk.ac.strath.vaxa
                   |Internet:R.B.Rodger@vaxa.strath.ac.uk
Computer Centre    |
Strathclyde Univ   | Thank you for dealing with ByteSabre Software Inc. Your
Glasgow G4 0LN     | bill is in the post. When it arrives, remember our motto:
Scotland.          | "We know where you live!"

cockburn@system.enet.dec.com (Craig Cockburn) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May20.111639.11696@vaxa.strath.ac.uk>, craa79@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Bruce Rodger.) writes:
|>From: craa79@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Bruce Rodger.)
|>Newsgroups: comp.windows.x,uk.misc
|>Subject: X terminals - which ones should we buy ?

|>At the moment, we are considering products from Pericom, NCD and Tektronix -
|>should we be looking at any other company's products ?

The company I work for makes X terminals, perhaps you could contact your
local Digital Sales office for more information.

Craig (using an X terminal to type this!)

  Craig Cockburn, Digital Equipment Co. Ltd, Reading, England.

  ARPAnet: cockburn@system.enet.dec.com
  UUCP:..!decwrl!system.enet.dec.com!cockburn

  { Airson Alba Ur }

  Views expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily
  reflect those of Digital.