[comp.windows.x] APOLO Workstations

FLORA@hssi.dnet.hac.COM (05/25/91)

Subject: APOLO Workdtations

  Does anybody know anything about APOLO workstations? If you do, I would
  really appreciate if you would let me know is it a RISC machine, how many
  MIPS, MFLOPS double precision specmark, and the cost. I know nothing about
  them. How good software development  environment is?

  For those who are interested the HP 700 series so far has been the
  most suggested one.

 Please respond by email since I do not currently subscribe to
 this interest group.

                                         Thank you

  Flora Shirazi-Fard (Hughes Simulation System Inc.)
  email: flora@hssi.dnet.hac.com
  phone: (818) 915-9863
    Fax: (818) 915-9250

rkz@scrc.symbolics.COM (Randolph K. Zeitvogel) (05/28/91)

   Date: Fri, 24 May 91 11:18:12 -0700
   From: FLORA@hssi.dnet.hac.com

     Does anybody know anything about APOLO workstations? If you do, I would
     really appreciate if you would let me know is it a RISC machine, how many
     MIPS, MFLOPS double precision specmark, and the cost. I know nothing about
     them. How good software development  environment is?

     For those who are interested the HP 700 series so far has been the
     most suggested one.

    Please respond by email since I do not currently subscribe to
    this interest group.

HP/Apollo workstations, with the exception of the DN10000, are Motorola
680x0 based machines.  The most powerful is the new DN5500, which is based
on the Motorola 68040, and delivers some 20 Mips, 2.2 LINPACK Mflops and 9.7
SPECmarks. Cost for a useable configuration is ~$22K.

Randy Zeitvogel			8 New England Executive Park
Symbolics MACSYMA division	Burlington, MA 01803
Internet:  rkz@symbolics.com	Phone: (617) 221-1250