[comp.windows.x] Tvtwm Question

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (10/20/90)

I'm running tvtwm pl2 on VAXstation3100/Ultrix3.1/UWS2.2[X11R3].

Current behaviour when selecting a window from the "Window List"
(f.menu "TwmWindows") menu is to map the window, if it is not. If
the behaviour would be "toggle between mapped and iconized state",
it could be possible to replace the icon manager.  Anyone done
this?

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv@mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv

fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) (05/28/91)

Hiya,

How can I change the background with xsetroot in tvtwm ?
Xsetroot -gray has no effect...

Cheers,
Frank
--
| Frank Kaefer | fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org | Starnberg, Germany |
| Compuserve: 72427,2101   | Internet: fkk@Germany.Sun.COM   |

mayoff@cs.utexas.edu (Robert Mayoff) (05/29/91)

In article <2325@stasys.sta.sub.org> fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) writes:
>How can I change the background with xsetroot in tvtwm ?
>Xsetroot -gray has no effect...

Well, the "ssetroot" program distributed with tvtwm will do it, I
believe; also, the very useful "xloadimage" program will load images
stored a number of ways onto the tvtwm virtual root window.
--
/_  rob		<mayoff@cs.utexas.edu>
 /_ Fun things to do with UNIX (#118 in a series):