[net.news] backbone maps

sob@drillsys.UUCP (Stan Barber) (05/13/86)

or not, I offer this information.

drillsys provides the main feed for news into and out of Houston, Texas.
It receives news from gatech and forwards it to sdcsvax each evening. It
as yet does not receive news from sdcsvax since that would double the
LD charges. If sdcsvax does not need the feed from drillsys, we will
drop it. We prefer to connect to sites that are local or reachable
via PC Pursuit. We would like to connect to a site in Dallas, but
that site must be running 2.10.3 news with the latest compression
software since we will not distribute news in any other form. This
is likely to be a problem since Dallas/Ft. Worth likes to run notes, but
the offer is available. We also intend to exchage news with ut-sally
once Austin is available via PC Pursuit.

Perhaps Joe did not notice drillsys in the paths due to a four-day
downtime around April 26th. We have now recovered from that, but
it took awhile to catch up.
Stan Barber <sob@drillsys.UUCP>
News administrator, drillsys, soma, bcm5000

jbuck@epimass.UUCP (Joe Buck) (05/15/86)

In article <359@drillsys.UUCP> sob@drillsys.UUCP (Stan Barber) writes:

>...drillsys provides the main feed for news into and out of Houston, Texas.
>It receives news from gatech and forwards it to sdcsvax each evening.

I had no intention of slighting drillsys; it's just that no paths on my
machine included drillsys, probably because of the downtime.  No offense
intended.

I'm now collecting paths over a longer period and automating things, and
will attempt to post more accurate information in a month or so.
--
- Joe Buck 	{ihnp4!pesnta,oliveb,csi}!epimass!jbuck
  Entropic Processing, Inc., Cupertino, California