[comp.windows.x] How use MacX with VMS host?

packer@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Charles Packer) (05/30/91)

I have MacX running and am able to connect to a Unix-based
machine with no trouble. I want to do the same to a VMS-based
machine, but I don't know what to put in the "Remote Command"
box. I don't have access to the documentation called
"LanWORKS for Macintosh," so could someone who uses MacX
with a VMS host give an example of how to connect?

tima@wa4mei.UUCP (Tim Addington) (06/01/91)

In <5504@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> packer@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Charles Packer) writes:
>I have MacX running and am able to connect to a Unix-based
>machine with no trouble. I want to do the same to a VMS-based
>machine, but I don't know what to put in the "Remote Command"
>box. I don't have access to the documentation called
>"LanWORKS for Macintosh," so could someone who uses MacX
>with a VMS host give an example of how to connect?

Speaking of X on Macintoshes, what is currently available.  Do you have
to have A/UX or are there some packages which will run under the Mac OS
through tcp/ip (or slip for that matter)?  I have a potential customer
with a mixture of SE's and II's.