[comp.windows.x] Xwindows and Quickdraw

gjohn@neon.Stanford.EDU (George H. John) (06/01/91)

Has anyone written a c library that defines quickdraw procedures using
xlib functions?

It doesn't seem TOO hard, so I thought someone might have done this
before.

Of course, it's not hard to just rewrite a program altogether,
changing quickdraw calls to xlib calls, but it would be "neater" to be
able to simply port source code from a mac to a sparc, #include the
QDtoX library, and go.

Thanks,
George John, Masters Student, Stanford University

adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) (06/03/91)

In article <1991Jun1.041628.25059@neon.Stanford.EDU> gjohn@neon.Stanford.EDU (George H. John) writes:
>Has anyone written a c library that defines quickdraw procedures using
>xlib functions?

Sure.  I'm not sure if it's fully "plug-compatible", but it should be
useful anyways.  (I don't, and probably never will, use Macs, but my
reasons are likely to start a jihad, so I won't go into details.  8-)

Host wilma.cs.brown.edu   (128.148.31.66)
Last updated 05:01 26 May 1991

    Location: /pub
      FILE      rw-rw-r--     55340  Mar 19  1990   quickdraw.tar.Z

Host schizo.samsung.com   (134.228.1.2)
Last updated 17:56 21 May 1991

    Location: /brown
      FILE      rw-r--r--     55340  Jun 10  1990   quickdraw.tar.Z

Host iear.arts.rpi.edu   (128.113.6.10)
Last updated 05:12  7 May 1991

    Location: /graphics
      FILE      rw-r--r--     55340  Dec  1 12:56   quickdraw.tar.Z

Adrian Ho, EECS (pronounced "eeks!") Dept.		Phone: (415) 642-5563
UC Berkeley					adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu