[net.news] Welcome to net.rec.drugs!

chuq@sun.uucp (Chuq Von Rospach) (05/18/86)

> Now that the votes are in (42 yea, 16 nay) and I have finished moving
> and unpacking (more or less), I found time to create the newsgroup we
> wanted.
>
> Some things I'd like to see discussed are...

Also:

the legal ramifications and liabilities to the net and its member sites
for support of a group that supports and promotes the use of illegal substances.

The probably reaction of System Administrators, their management, their
security departments and lawyers and the backbone sites involved when they
come across this group and its subject material.

The probable time to first rmgroup of this newsgroup.

The probable time to removal of this group by the backbones and other
associated groups.

Anyone interested in a betting pool on how long net.rec.drugs lasts? Oops,
never mind, betting is illegal, too...

chuq

--
:From the lofty realms of Castle Plaid:          Chuq Von Rospach
chuq%plaid@sun.COM	FidoNet: 125/84		 CompuServe: 73317,635

The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your time waving your hands
and hoping when a rock or a club will do -- McCloctnik the Lucid

page@ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) (05/20/86)

> Now that the votes are in (42 yea, 16 nay) and I have finished moving
> and unpacking (more or less), I found time to create the newsgroup we
> wanted.

Sounds like a perfect size for a mailing list.

I carry every newsgroup and a few mailing lists on this machine, but
there ain't no way I'm gonna carry net.rec.drugs -- Chuq summed it
up pretty well.
Followups will go to net.news.group.

..Bob
--
UUCP: wanginst!ulowell!page	Bob Page
ARPA: page@ulowell.CSNET 	U of Lowell CS Dept

childers@calma.UUCP (05/20/86)

Hm. That's funny, I'm a sysadmin, and I think this group is great. It needs
to be discussed, that's for sure. Maybe we should make it ba.rec.drugs, or
ba.rec.everything_fun_but_alcohol_and_sex ... leave those for net.rec.nude
and net.wines, right ?

-- richard