[net.news] reorganization of soapbox newsgroups

henry@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU (Henry C. Mensch) (05/24/86)

In article <289@valid.UUCP> steve@valid.UUCP (steve homer) writes:
> . . . . . .
>Some of us know that there's a traffic problem, but we don't *KNOW* there's a
>problem, if you get my drift.  Let's see if emphasizing the seriousness
>of the problem will cut the traffic volume.
> . . . . . .
>The posting guidelines we need to follow are obvious; we need to build
>a concensus among people using the non-technical groups to adhere to
>reasonable guidelines ... OR ELSE!
> (he goes on to list specific guidelines, and their good points)

	Steve -- the problems you discuss have existed as long as I
have participated in discussions on the net (indeed, in the beginning,
I may have been guilty of some of the nasty no-no's).  Unfortunately,
the time for discretion has past.

	The issue that needs clarification is *what will the criterion
be for moving specific groups to talk.all?*  This issue confuses me
now; I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by this.

Henry Mensch     |    Technical Writer     | MIT/Project Athena
henry@athena.mit.edu              ..!mit-eddie!mit-athena!henry